I did it! It feels so great! I am very pleased with the results: Lost 2.5 inches around my stomach, lost ten pounds on this small 5’3″ frame, and no longer needed naps. To be honest, it wasn’t that hard. I wasn’t hungry all the time, I wasn’t cranky (except for that one day when I made my last post…oops), and the Arbonne products took a lot of the work out of it. I’ve had several friends ask me, “Okay, so really….what do you think about this? Do you REALLY feel that different? What would you say is the main reason somebody should try this? Do you NEED to spend all that money on Arbonne products?”
Here are my responses:
- This was wonderful for me. I feel great, and I look so much healthier. I like knowing that I haven’t been putting chemicals, hormones and shit in my body. I notice a big difference. Is it great for everyone? Maybe not. I live by myself, had coworkers doing it with me, enjoy eating healthy and working out, and I was pretty content with these MAJOR changes. If you have a family or live in boyfriend or roommate, I would imagine this gets significantly harder. I was able to remove all temptations from my sight. However, my friend L is blogging her detox experience, and she has a husband and two kids. Her experience might help you if you’re in that boat.
- Weight loss was really the biggest goal for me, and the change I noticed the most. I mentioned that I didn’t need to take naps while on the detox, but that honestly was kind of annoying (sometimes I just wanted to take a nap and had to find something productive to do instead….ugh). However, I have friends with children that are detoxing and notice a SIGNIFICANT change in their energy levels. I think I’m typically just a high energy person, so the weight loss was definitely where it hit home for me.
- You should try this if you are sluggish, feel gross, need some kind of structure to jumpstart you, and are willing to dedicate yourself to major lifestyle changes.
- You don’t NEED the Arbonne products to do this detox, but I don’t think I could have done it without them. Without the Arbonne products, this detox would require significantly more planning and cooking. To me, that is totally worth the $150 or so I spent on the Arbonne products for the month. Notes on the products:
- ARBONNE PROTEIN POWDER: I love Arbonne’s vegan, pea protein so much more compared to the whey protein I used to have. Chocolate flavor is the way to go, in my personal opinion, but vanilla is nice for mixing in fruit.
- ARBONNE FIBER POWDER: Since I’m planning on continuing the shakes for breakfast and lunch, the fiber powder is a must. It really does keep you more full for longer.
- ARBONNE 7 DAY CLEANSE PRODUCT: I definitely do not think the 7 Day Cleanse product is worth it from my experience alone. (It will save you $50 if you don’t get it). I have a few friends that will be going through it soon, and I will update you if they change my mind on its value.
- ARBONNE FIT CHEWS: I didn’t think I would continue to buy the fit chews at the start of the cleanse, but I actually love those little guys….they are a really nice, low calorie, natural snack to have in a pinch. I’ve tried them in Caramel, Lemon and the seasonal Mango Pineapple. The Mango Pineapple taste like an old-fashioned fruit roll up to me! I prefer the fruity ones so far, but my friend L is trading me for some Chocolate ones next. (Yes, we’re trading Arbonne products like baseball cards these days)
- ARBONNE DETOX TEA: I didn’t think I’d be buying the Detox Tea again, since I’m kind of a tea snob and couldn’t wait to get my hands back on my Teavana tea after this detox. However, this tea I actually do feel DOES something…it gets things “moving”.
For those of you interested in Arbonne in general, I will be doing reviews of the skincare, body care and other nutritional products soon.
I celebrated my completion of the detox by letting myself loose at one of my best friend’s wedding weekends as a bridesmaid. I had pork, potatoes, pizza, cookies, cake, buckeyes, more cake, more buckeyes, macaroons and countless crown royals and coke. I had some digestive issues the next day, and also took a 2 hour nap. I was actually very anxious to start eating detox-friendly again today. I plan on sticking with it, and will definitely post more detox-friendly / healthy recipes!
I’ll leave you with some of my favorite pictures from the wedding….so glad I lost the ten pounds with the detox, I’m not certain my bridesmaid’s dress would have fit me otherwise! 🙂 I did the bride’s makeup, as well as my own, using mainly MAC and Urban Decay products (although I did bust out my E.L.F. blush / bronzer that’s a sweet NARS Orgasm / Laguna dupe!) All photos were taken on my crappy iPhone 4S in terrible lighting…and A still makes a beautiful bride!